Self care is the best care. You need to care of yourself personally, physically and mentally. It is important to maintaining a healthy relationship with yourself. Your health and beauty depend on how you care for yourself.
When you are taking care of everyone else, who is taking care of you? You have to take care of yourself. Self-care is not an indulgence. It is a necessity.
Of course, there are simple things you can do every day to take care of yourself.
- Sleep 7+ hours a day. Sleep is the most important for your body. Get plenty of sleep every night.
- Drink at least 64 oz. of water a day. It is so important to stay hydrated.
- Get outside for at least 10 minutes a day. Take in the sunshine and fresh air.
- Eat healthy. Say no to sugar and junk food. Try a 30 day fast and see how you feel.
- Exercise at least 3 times per week. If you don’t like the gym, go for a walk. Taking care of your physical health is a quick and effective way to care for yourself.
- Read for 30 minutes a day. Improve your knowledge and expand your ideas. Reading is good for your mind.
- Mediate or Pray. Take care of your mind and your heart. It is a wonderful way to start the day.
Practicing self-care enhances your health, decision making, and day-to-day actions. It is more about prioritizing your mental and physical health. Good self care will reduce stress, can increase your feelings of self-worth, and can improve your quality of life and well-being. It is about taking care of yourself so you can be your best self.
While I would love to travel, get massages and manicures and pedicures all the time, that is not even reasonable. Self-care shouldn’t always involve needless splurging. And who has time? I’m busy, too busy most days. But I am learning how to take care of myself better. In addition to the simple things above, there are so many things you can do at home that do not take much time. Things as simple as putting lotion on your legs and feet, doing a face mask before bed, putting on moisturizer, taking a hot bath, reading a book, listening to your favorite podcast, or calling a friend to catch up and laugh are all forms of self care.
If you can get out of the house or away from work for some time, go get that mani/pedi, get your hair done, go for a walk, go get that massage, or just have lunch with friends. Take care of your self – personally, mentally, and physically. Take time to do something meaningful to you.
“It is so important to take time for yourself and find clarity. The most important relationship is the one you have with yourself.” Diane Von Furstenberg
Self care will bring you joy. What are some of your best self care tips?
xoxo, Jane Anne