I love to shop. I’m really good at it. Some may say I even have a shopping problem. “Hi. My name is Jane Anne. I am addicted to shopping.”
That may be a little extreme. I love a good deal. I love the convenience of shopping online. I love going shopping with my daughter and my mom and sisters. We go have lunch and make a day of it. It’s not that I buy a lot. I buy what we need. I buy some “wants.” I buy ahead. I put things back for birthdays. I love to give presents. I always try to keep a couple random gifts around just in case.
Here are some helpful tips:
- Amazon Prime. I love free shipping. I may have over 125 orders for the year. I order everything from face soap to video games on there. I order books and socks and sunscreen. If it can arrive at my door, and I didn’t have to make a trip to the store, then yes please. During the holidays, I just have everything delivered to my office so I don’t have to worry about my packages sitting on our porch all day. The convenience alone makes me an Amazon shopper.
- Etsy. I love Etsy for personalized and unique gifts. I recently bought personalized stationery and posters of places I’ve traveled. I’ve purchased personalized make-up bags for my nieces and an address stamp for my sister. It’s my go-to place for thoughtful gifts.
- eBay. I use eBay for things like sports memorabilia and bobble heads, and music memorabilia. People sell everything on there. The trick is looking for great “buy it now” deals or watching your bid so you can “win” the item you want. Always pay attention to the shipping costs too.
- Rewards. This is not a place. It is the way of getting a little something back for being a valued customer. For example, American Eagle tracks your purchases when you set up an account. After buying 5 pairs of jeans, you earn a free pair. Gap, Old Navy, Kohl’s, and Victoria’s Secret let you earn “cash” from their stores to use at a later date. I tend to shop more at places where I get a little something back. It’s super smart marketing for them, and I end up saving money in the long run.
- Earning points. This year I discovered the Southwest Shopping Button. AMAZING. I installed it on my tool bar so any online store that partners with Southwest Airlines allows me to earn extra air miles while I shop. Some of those sites offer multiple miles for every dollar spent which absolutely entices me to shop with them. Who doesn’t love to shop and get miles so they can travel?? I believe American Airlines offers something similar, and I got an email from PayPal the other day that offered a discount for shopping going through their website. Again, points and rewards for shopping… that brings me joy.
These are just some of my favorite little tips I wanted to share. I’m not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned. They are just places I like to shop. Happy shopping friends!
xoxo, Jane Anne